How to obtain support
The support is mainly provided trough two public forums available on SourceForge:
Use this forum if you need help about Joone, its core engine or the GUI Editor. It's the best way to obtain support directly
by the developers of Joone.
This forum is to post suggestions, proposals, or to ask for the opinion of other users about whatever aspect of Joone.
Please don't write directly via email to the author of the project (not even to its developers), because he has limited free time,
and you will probably never get an answer. Moreover, by posting on the Forums, you make public your problem, so the suggested
solution could be useful for someone else.
How to use the Forums
The following are some general "common-sense" guidelines for using the forums:
Most people are already following these guidelines. To those people, I thank you.
For those of you who are not...please read carefully.
- Please be patient. We dedicate to Joone our free time, hence we cannot use it only to respond to the questions.
Anyway we monitor the forum each day, hence sooner or later we'll give a response to any post.
- Please refrain from using words and phrases like URGENT, IMPORTANT, MY WIFE WILL LEAVE ME IF YOU DO NOT RESPOND, etc,
in the subject line of your postings. Or even in the body of the message for that matter.
You may think that things which are URGENT, or IMPORTANT to you, are just as urgent and important to everyone else reading this forums.
You'd be surprised at just how wrong an assumption like that can be. As a matter of fact, I personally tend to read all such
postings last and give them a low priority.
- Please use meaningful subject lines. "Newbie Question", is not meaningful what-so-ever.
- Please provide necessary information, where applicable. Statements like, "I recieve a NullPointerException
when using Joone, what's up with that?", are not very helpful, add unnecessary traffic on the forum, and will
probably never get an answer.
- As a follow on to #3, when submitting examples, please try to submit the smallest possible example which
demonstrates the problem. Short examples are easier to follow and will get quicker responses from developers
or other users than long examples with lots of extraneous code/data.
- Please read the documentation before posting. One of the biggest problems is that there is not a lot of
documentation to Joone. At the same time, because it doesn't take long, everyone should read what is written
- Please check the forum archives before posting. Many questions on this forums have already been answered before.
- Please refrain from posting confidential information. Once a message is sent to the forum, it goes out
to all subscribers, including archive engines. If you are unsure about what is confidential or not, check with your
manager, supervisor, or the person in charge at your company.
- Please be kind and respectful to your fellow Joone users. Remember, except for the author,
you were all newbies at one point.